Health Hubs hosts a number of regularly updated blogs that bring you the latest news, articles, and information from around the world on a variety of health topics such as cancer, heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes.
Please browse the list of health topics covered by our blogs:
Heart disease is the single biggest cause of death in the western world accounting for almost a third of all deaths. In 2007 over 450,000 people died from heart disease in the United States alone.
Our heart disease blog discusses the latest news, research, and developments on heart disease as well as lifestyle and diet modifications that you can make to reduce your chances of developing this deadly condition.
Popular Articles From Our Heart Disease Blog:
- Walking As Good As Strenuous Exercise For Heart Health
- Eight Easy Ways To Lower Blood Pressure
- Tall People May Be Less Likely To Develop Heart Disease
- Nine Risk Factors Explain 90% Of Heart Attacks
- Bald Men At Increased Risk Of Heart Problems
- Which Types Of Fat Are Bad For The Heart?
More than 12 million people were diagnosed with some form of cancer in 2007 and more than 7 million people died from the disease.
The most deadly forms of cancer are colo-rectal, lung, breast, and pancreatic cancer. These cancers are responsible for a combined 300,000 out of an estimated 550,000 deaths each year.
Our cancer blog is regularly updated with news and information on the latest scientific research in the fight against all forms of cancer.
Popular Articles From Our Cancer blog:
- Broccoli Protects Against Cancer
- Regular Exercise Cuts Cancer Risk In Men
- Abdominal Fat Linked To Pancreatic Cancer
- Eating Fruit And Vegetables Might Ward Off Pancreatic Cancer
- Aspirin Reduces Breast Cancer Risk
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce enough insulin to control blood sugar levels. There are two forms of diabetes: type-1 (insulin dependent) diabetes and type-2 (non-insulin dependent) diabetes.
This blog catalogues the latest news from around the world about developments in the treatment and prevention of both forms of diabetes.
Popular Articles From Our Diabetes Blog:
- A Mediterranean Diet Slashes Type-2 Diabetes Risk
- Coffee Protects Against Diabetes
- Weight Training May Prevent Diabetes
- Can A Diabetic Drink Alcohol?
- How Effective Is Gastric Bypass Surgery In Curing Type-2 Diabetes?
Alzheimer's disease is the most common form of dementia in the world with in excess of 15 million people affected worldwide. This figure is expected to double every 20 years making Alzheimer's disease an increasingly significant health problem.
This blog discussing the latest news and events from around the world in the field of Alzheimer's disease research.
Popular Articles From Our Alzheimer's Disease Blog
- High Calorie Diets Linked To Alzheimer's Disease
- Heavy Smokers & Drinkers Develop Alzheimer's Disease Earlier
- Educated People Less Likely To Suffer From Alzheimer's Disease
- Wine Lowers Alzheimer's Risk In Women
- Caffeine Protects Blood Brain Barrier, May Prevent Alzheimer's Disease
Arthritis is an often painful condition that predominantly affects the joints. There are two common forms of arthritis: osteoarthritis which is generally caused by the wearing of the cartilage surrounding the joints, and rheumatoid arthritis; an autoimmune disease where the body attacks its own joint cells. Approximately 1 in 2 people in the western world will be affected by arthritis during their lifetime.
Our arthritis blog brings together the latest news, articles, and potential treatments for this debilitating illness.
Popular Articles From Our Arthritis Blog
- Green Tea Reduces Severity Of Arthritis
- Heavy Smoking Leads To Arthritis In Later Life
- Cod Liver Oil Eases Arthritis Pain
Is saturated fat really bad for you? Will sunscreen protect you from melanoma? Do eggs raise cholesterol levels and cause heart disease? This website discussing some of the more common myths and misconceptions about topical health issues.
Popular Articles From Our Health Myths & Misconceptions Blog
- Sunscreens May Not Protect Against Melanoma
- Eggs Don't Raise Heart Disease Risk
- Aspartame Is Safer Than Most People Believe